Monday 27 August 2012

The sunlight hurts my eyes

I got back from Reading Festival today, and it's safe to say it has been the most mental and memorable weekend of my life. My body is aching everywhere, but the reasons behind this are enough to make me smile and be thankful. We got there on Wednesday and set up our camp. It was my first night meeting everyone besides Marianne, and it was less awkward than I expected. We then went to Tesco, bought a lot of alcohol and set up a fire, drinking around the fire. I wasn't really drunk Wednesday night, but ended up in my tent with Marianne, and we had Nathaniel and Chris between us. I can't remember how that happened but I was dressed as a penguin so it was all innocent. I woke up first out of us on Thursday morning and sang at everyone to wake up. Nathaniel wouldn't wake up so I put gold body glitter all over him, then ran out the tent so he couldn't beat me up. Thursday was pretty much spent on our little camp site, making friends with the neighbors and drinking. We discovered we had drug dealing neighbors at about 7pm, when one of them (he was so attractive) came and plonked himself in the middle of Nathaniel and Harry. He turned around and asked "So, does anyone want to buy any MD? Acid? Bud? Shrooms? Ket?" and just walked off after we all looked at him in shock. Then a random girl on MD came and sat with us and she looked so ill, she was biting her mouth to shreds so I rolled her about ten cigarettes to keep her occupied from doing it. I felt so bad for her but she was so gone. It was rather cold and she was in hot pants and a crop top, which probably worsened the situation. The rest of the weekend was spent drinking, being chased around the camp by Harry and him pouring Fosters/Radox Soap/Moisturiser and anything else he could find over me for bantering him. Me and Marianne dance with some 40 year old men at the Cure and I cried to Dan during Friday I'm In Love. Dan also picked me out of a moshpit in Hadouken as I seriously injured my foot. I had to spend Friday afternoon at the camp site to rest it up whilst Ray, Ollie and Nathan sat there talking about sex, and going for poo's. It was kind of cringey but I joined in when they began to talk about gym, as I'm inevitably the expert (sarcasm)

I can't really fault the weekend, despite the toilets. They were like Chernobyl. And the fact that some people chose to go to The Maccabees over The Cure? I love the Maccabees and everything, but you can see them whenever they tour. The Cure haven't toured in so long, and will probably not tour again. They're also one of the most iconic bands in history, its kind of like choosing Cher Lloyd over Nirvana. Also, I did struggle with the eating side of it, and ended up loosing a large amount of weight which gives me some mixed feelings. I'm trying to be positive and pass it off as a glitch in the road, but a part of me feels it was inevitable that given the circumstances and the freedom I had, I just wouldn't eat. I don't know. The weekend was amazing and it feels so weird being in my bed, and not in Dans tent with him snoring in my ear, and hearing people outside shout "ALAN?" "STEVE?" "JESUS CHRIST BENTON". 

No comments:

Post a Comment